Monday, August 1, 2011

Proof that I was meant to be an urbanite.

Here comes my tree hugger voice. Hear me roar.

Over the weekend I had to dish out 200 bucks on car maintenance and repairs. The actual recommendation for repairs was over $600 but I haven't mustered up the courage to become a web-cam model yet so that cash wasn't just sittin' pretty in my bank account. 

I want to express how much I hate cars. They're expensive, stress me out (both driving them and being in them) and are HORRIBLE for both the environment and this country's economic crisis. Ya, I'm gettin' political. I'm in college - Im supposed to get all crazy about shit like this. If we weren't so "dependent" on the oil in the Middle East do you think we'd still have our troops over there risking their lives to reform a region's government that they may or may not want in the first place? Do you have any idea how much debt the war puts us in? 

Scientifically speaking, we are not, I repeat - NOT dependent on oil for a source of fuel. We've got some smart cookies in the labs these days. And I'd be willing to bet they're kinda cute too (Completely irrelevant but I just want to throw it out there that lanky scientists with borderline jew 'fros are my favorite kind of male) Anyways, the unfortunate news for our clean air and checking accounts is that politics rules and it'll be longer than a day away before we see some change. 

In the mean time - I highly suggest you get yourself a bitchin' beach cruiser. Mine's bright yellow with a floral printed bell and a basket. Biking makes your butt look good and you don't have to buy gas. SCORE. Man oh man I cannot wait until I'm living in NY walking everywhere and freezing out the allergies in my head. 

No comments:

Post a Comment